• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can you ID these tracks for me? (1 Viewer)

mcdowella

Can anybody identify these two sets of bird tracks? They were found in (very) soft mud in the middle of farm tracks near the Thames. To give a sense of scale, the pen is 14.4 centimeters long from tip to tail, and its clip is 4.2cm long. Rooks and Pheasants were seen in nearby fields, so I guess those are the prime suspects.

Attachments

• noHind.jpg
    noHind.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 147
  • Hind.jpg
    Hind.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 155
mcdowella said:
Can anybody identify these two sets of bird tracks? They were found in (very) soft mud in the middle of farm tracks near the Thames. To give a sense of scale, the pen is 14.4 centimeters long from tip to tail, and its clip is 4.2cm long. Rooks and Pheasants were seen in nearby fields, so I guess those are the prime suspects.
I would say moorhen or coot not sure though.

Snapper.

The first ones could well be Pheasant.I don't agree with Moorhen or Coot. Moorhens have very long thin toes, Coots have webbing on their toes. The second ones aren't Pheasant because the hind toe is too long so probably one of the Crow family.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back