• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Now for something a little different. (1 Viewer)

It's actually some of the most fun I have with optics. There is always something worth looking at on that deck and down below in the yard are feeders that right now can have a dozen lesser goldfinches and house finches at the feeders among many others. But I love to scan vast distances and always have as long as I can remember. I spent a lot of my youth backpacking in the high desert with some 7x21 Nikon Sprints that I miss to this day. (but they now are doing the same things with a younger friend of mine) Scoping vast distances captures my imagination. Peaking in on something that has no idea you are even looking, miles away, is really fun and imagining yourself in a place miles out from where you stand holds an attraction that I'm sure started back in my childhood fantasies. I can't wait to get my first peek through these guys. I feel like a kid waiting for Santa to show Xmas morn. I guess that kid still lives inside this 60+ year old frame.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back