• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yellow-spotted Whiteface in Suffolk?? (1 Viewer)

I assume it'd been photographed Saturday, not identified til yesterday, then looked for today. Then ,once found, collected to go with the Blue-eyed Hawker in the "British Museum".

Phil

Apparently the 3rd British record, one in Kent in the mid 19th century and one earlier this year at Landguard. Maybe more to follow if they are expanding on L'continent.
GH

I was phoned about the Languard one. I got the impression - although I maybe wrong - that it was not certain. It certainly wasn't 'twitchable'.

Thanks, Steve. Maybe it's time for me to get off BF and start looking for one in Kent. With southern migrant hawker, southern emerald damselfly & dainty damselfly breeding recently, perhaps this is the next colonist?

I assume it'd been photographed Saturday, not identified til yesterday, then looked for today. Then ,once found, collected to go with the Blue-eyed Hawker in the "British Museum".

Phil

I hope I don't see any killing bottles around vagrant dragons or someone is going to be experimenting with dragonfly felching.;)

John

Apparently the Languard one was seen by one person. It's not even clear if they are 'claiming' it or just saw a dragonfly that could have been one.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back