• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

bird rescue (1 Viewer)

samina

PLEASE HELP! AFTER THE BAD STORMS I FOUND A BIRD UNDER THE LEAVES. IT APPEARS TO BE SOME SORT OF HAWK. IT CAN WALK A LITTLE AND HAS ATTEMPTED TO FLY, BUT I THINK IT IS A BABY WHO HAS FALLEN OUT OF IT'S NEST. IT HAS A SMALL HEAD WITH A CURVED BEAK, A TAPESTRY OF BROWNS, GRAYS, AND WHITES MINGLED TOGETHER, ON EACH WING WHEN SPREAD OUT ARE 1/2" WIDE STIPS OF WHITE SLANTING DOWNWARD ABOUT 3" LONG. I WOULD LIKE TO SAVE IT. I HAVE PROVIDED A SMALL AMOUNT OF FRESH HAMBURGER AND A SMALL TRAY OF WATER. I PUT A PHONE CALL INTO THE WILDELIFE FEDERATION, BUT HAVE HEARD NOTHING. dO YOU KNOW WHAT I HAVE AND CAN I HELP IT?

Hello samina and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at Bird Forum.

If you hang on a minute, I will try to locate some rehabilitators in your area.

Okay, here is a list of all the rehabilitators in Alabama. Hopefully there is one near you.

Alabama, Central

Alabama, Central region, Shelby County (Birmingham)..... 205-621-3333

The Alabama Wildlife Rehabilitation Center Comments: leave a message if necessary and a volunteer will call you back Alabama, Central region, Shelby County (Birmingham)..... 205-403-7394

Mary Stockard, Alabama Wildlife Rehabilitation Center Specialty: small mammals, also assist with volunteer training and writing instructional materials Alabama, Central region, Shelby County (Birmingham)..... 205-664-3349

Sharon Posey, volunteer foster parent-small mammals, Alabama Wildlife Rehabilitation Center (AWRC) [email protected] Wildlife Species: small mammals Specialty: squirrels, oppossums, and rabbits Comments: also a member of the raptor transport team Alabama, Central region, Tuscaloosa County (Tuscaloosa)..... 205-344-4423

Christen Hassell, Shaver Veterinary Hospital [email protected] Wildlife Species: squirrels only

Alabama, East Central
Alabama, East Central region, Lee County (Auburn)..... 334-821-5187

Terri Albrecht-Schmitt, licensed wildlife rehabilitator [email protected] Wildlife Species: all species except migratory/endangered wildlife

Alabama, Northern
Alabama, Northern region, Cullman County (Cullman)..... 256-737-0156

Sara Aderhold (rehabber), North Alabama Wildlife Rehabilitators Wildlife Species: orphaned mammals or injured self feeding birds Alabama, Northern region (Decatur)..... 256-751-3203

Jill Clemmons, North Alabama Wildlife Rehab Wildlife Species: mammals (esp. opposums) Alabama, Northern region (Huntsville area)..... 256-316-1869

Criss Ceci, permitted wildlife rehabilitator [email protected] Wildlife Species: opossum, skunk, and raccoon (sorry, but I do not rehab birds, rabbits, or squirrels) Comments: please leave message and area calling from Alabama, Northern region, Limestone County (Athens)..... 256-527-6002

Barry Steenburn (volunteer), North Alabama Wildlife Rehabilitators [email protected] Alabama, Northern region, Limestone County (Athens)..... 256-729-6118

Suzanne Carter, North Alabama Wildlife Rehabilitators Alabama, Northern region, Madison County (Toney)..... 256-509-8249

Peggy Sandoval (volunteer), North Alabama Wildlife Rehabilitators [email protected] Wildlife Species: small mammals

Alabama, Northeast
Alabama, Northeast region, DeKalb County (Collinsville)..... 256-524-4150 or 256-458-4051

Ty Harris (director), Bluegrass Farms Wildlife Sanctuary [email protected]

Alabama, South
Alabama, Southern region, Baldwin County (Foley)..... 251-967-4707

Anedia Monti (director), Wildlife Rescue Council of Baldwin County [email protected] Alabama, Southern region, Baldwin County (Summerdale)..... 251-967-4707

Anedia Monti, Wildlife Rescue Council of Baldwin County [email protected]

Alabama, Southeast
Alabama, Southeastern region

Southeastern Raptor Rehabilitation Center, Auburn University College of Vet. Med. Alabama, Southeast region (Enterprise)..... 334-894-5305

Jennifer Blankenship, Squirrel & Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation [email protected] Wildlife Species: squirrels, oppossums, rabbits, armidillos, raccoons, small mammals Alabama, Southeast region, Tuscaloosa County (Tuscaloosa)..... (205) 344-4423

Christen Hassell, DVM, Tidmore Veterinary [email protected] Wildlife Species: squirrels

Alabama, Southwest
Alabama, Southwest region (Lillian)..... 334-961-1483

Tauna Pierce (Registered Veterinary Technician), All Health Pet Care, Southeastern Raptor Rehab Center Wildlife Species: Migratory birds, mammals, raptors (orphans and injured adults) Specialties: indiginous mammals, raptors, and shorebirds Comments: Veterinary Technician specializing in Wildlife Rescue, Rehabilitation and Release Alabama, Southwest region (McIntosh)..... 251-944-2034

Leah Lewis, licensed wildlife rehabilitator [email protected] Wildlife Species: beavers

kcfoggin has a good list of rehabbers there. If it's easier, contact your local fish & wildlife, fish & game or game warden. Whatever your state calls them.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back