• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anahuac National Wildlife Refuge (1 Viewer)

I'm wondering whether to take the list of birds in the 'Review' and put them into the 'Checklist'?

One problem I have with that though - I'm not sure if they are in the 'correct order'

D

Looks like the correct order but the older 'correct order' rather than the newer order Delia. I'd be tempted to leave the list as is, there is a fair bit of data there that would be lost if you converted it to a check-list type listing.

Looks like the correct order but the older 'correct order' rather than the newer order Delia. I'd be tempted to leave the list as is, there is a fair bit of data there that would be lost if you converted it to a check-list type listing.

Thanks Keith

So.... are all the 'Checklists' in the older order?

What if the list was copied and pasted into the Checklist - rather than 'Cut'?

D

I believe that the list in the "Review" area is the "newer correct order" and not the "older correct order". I think the "newer" taxonomic order now begins with Ducks/Geese whereas the "older" began with Loons and then Grebes.

Sorry...not watching what I was doing there...I meant the list was the newer order as the ducks were in front of herons...just got myself tangled up.

I've visited Anahuac many times, as it's one of SE Texas's hotspots and not too far from where I live. I have a few photos of the refuge, which I'll put on the Opus page when I have time - been very busy in the bird section!!

I've visited Anahuac many times, as it's one of SE Texas's hotspots and not too far from where I live. I have a few photos of the refuge, which I'll put on the Opus page when I have time - been very busy in the bird section!!

Thanks Helen - a picture would look good there.

Any chance of you filling in some of the blanks while you at it;)

D

Hi Dave - I don't see why not - don't ask me how to do it though;) I haven't tried doing links yet LOL

D

Yes, I can fill in some of the text. I'll also have a go at some of our other Texas birding hotspots, in due course.

I know how to do links on the bird sections, so I'll see if I can do the one for Dave's report, if it's already in the forums.

Thanks Helen - a picture would look good there.

Any chance of you filling in some of the blanks while you at it;)

D

I've been working on adding info and photos for the last couple of days - almost finished. Please check it out and tell me if there's anyhting that needs changing - thanks.

Anahuac N.W.R., Texas(Texas)

Helen - that is excellent, thank you.

I've only moved the 'main' picture up and activated some of the birds you mentioned

D

Delia - I was gone last week, taking care of my son, as he'd had some surgery. I was able to get onto the Internet, but, for some reason didn't get an e-mail telling me you'd replied! I may have more photos - could have sworn that I'd taken a couple of the blind (hide), but maybe not. We have several NWR's and State Parks in this part of Texas and I may be thinking of somewhere else.

I will start new pages for these other NWR's, as they are not listed in Opus yet. I have taken photos of their landscape features, always meaning to put them on my own website - but there never seems to be enough time!

Helen said:
but there never seems to be enough time!

I know just what you mean:-O

I'll look forward to seeing your new entries, Helen

D

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back