• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Few IDs More... (1 Viewer)

Adey Baker

OK Folks,

Here's a few more to ID - mostly small specks from the middle of slides!

Only one is outside the UK

Adey

Attachments

• C1.jpg
    C1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 178
  • C2.jpg
    C2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 192
  • C3.jpg
    C3.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 180
  • C4.jpg
    C4.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 186
  • C5.jpg
    C5.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 189
And 5 more:

Attachments

• D1.jpg
    D1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 163
  • D2.jpg
    D2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 159
  • D3.jpg
    D3.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 161
  • D4.jpg
    D4.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 166
  • D5.jpg
    D5.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 172
1)Wood Warbler
2)White-tailed Eagle(??)
3)Red-breasted Flycatcher(think I can make out the correct tail pattern for that species)
4)Parrot Crossbill
5)Blue-winged Teal
6)Buff-breasted Sandpiper
7)Spoonbill
8)Lapland Bunting
9)Chough
10)The Moon!;)
The bird looks vaguely like a harrier,maybe Montagu's?Probably WAY out with this one!
Harry H

I mostly agree with Harry, though not with 3. I haven't got a better idea yet...front end looks more like a Pied Fly....

The rest I had the same first guess, including the Montis

I'm not certain about two either... doesn't look heavy enough to me....and the tail is longish so lets take a stab at Osprey

As for Harry except 2=Osprey, 3= Pied Fly., 10= Nightjar(??)
assuming in 2) that the backdrop isn't the sea-cliffs on Mull ;)

Last edited:
I'll hold tough with the rest of my answers(even the eagle,just for the craic!),but,on closer scrutiny,the 'pale base to the outer tail feathers' in No.3 is actually due to the undertail coverts,and that face pattern is more like one of the 'black and white' flycatchers,so Pied for me as well!
Harry H

I´d also mostly agree with Harry,
except on the following:

3. Pied flycatcher
8. Little Bunting ?
10. What about a common nightjar

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back