• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski TLS-APO or DCB II (1 Viewer)

mrgeeze

I'm new to this forum so please be gentle.

I own the TLS-APO with ATX 95MM using a Nikon D5300.
Its pretty much a full on manual system (Shutter speed & ISO adjustment only)

Reading the forums I see many are using system cameras with this scope
Seems these cameras offer more capabilities than my current setup

I am looking at other camera options using the TLS-APO or something else.
For example the oft -recommended Sony DSC-RX100M III would not work with the TLS-APO. Correct?

The DCB II keeps it in the Swaro family.
Or Perhaps the Digidapter.

I realize its difficult to separate this question from the ever important:
Which camera should I use?

If anyone feels strongly about what adapter/camera setup they love in the Swaro ATX/STX world, please speak up..

Thanks,

I have no photos to post. yet.

Hello! I'm using since four months the TLSAPO with the ATX85mm and a Olympus EM10. I'm pretty happy! As you say, with this setup you can only play with shutter speed and ISO. I think is fair enough, having into account that the depth of field of this scopes is not very large, and that this camera manages quite well high ISOs.

Anyway there should be people here with much more experience to say if it yields better to use an afocal system (DCBII) or a mixed one like the provided by the APO.

You can see some photos taken with this combo in the gallery:

http://www.birdforum.net/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/123241

I'm new to this forum so please be gentle.

I own the TLS-APO with ATX 95MM using a Nikon D5300.
Its pretty much a full on manual system (Shutter speed & ISO adjustment only)

Reading the forums I see many are using system cameras with this scope
Seems these cameras offer more capabilities than my current setup

I am looking at other camera options using the TLS-APO or something else.
For example the oft -recommended Sony DSC-RX100M III would not work with the TLS-APO. Correct?

The DCB II keeps it in the Swaro family.
Or Perhaps the Digidapter.

I realize its difficult to separate this question from the ever important:
Which camera should I use?

If anyone feels strongly about what adapter/camera setup they love in the Swaro ATX/STX world, please speak up..

Thanks,

I have no photos to post. yet.

I've really been enjoying my Nikon V1 first, now the Nikon V3 (still practicing) with the TLS-APO but an expensive lesson learned, I do prefer the straight STX eyepiece over the angled ATX eyepiece. This is for camera use only. Still prefer angled without the camera.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back