• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

GPO, Maven or Tract? (1 Viewer)

That was in April just a few weeks prior, or thereabout, to his review of Styrka S7 8x42 on 14th May 2017.

The premise of Maven & Tract it seems is to cut out the middle man for more value though GPO is available via retail. The latter approach also flies in the face of the notion of increased Teutonic labour wage. I think the forum sees where I'm heading.

Granted, from reviews I've read all three represent good glass at the very least w/competitive pricing for features offered. I do not seek to separate any such imaginary chaff from wheat though I would enjoy contemplating the various strengths of the individual bins amongst one another.

As the locals claim, "I've nary a dawg in this hunt." Well, they do not say it in quite that manner.

Anywho, Stevie has reviewed twain of trey and I wondered when the next shoe will drop. Rather than crickets I wish for someone to cue Carly Simon in the catsup commercial.

That was in April just a few weeks prior, or thereabout, to his review of Styrka S7 8x42 on 14th May 2017.

The premise of Maven & Tract it seems is to cut out the middle man for more value though GPO is available via retail. The latter approach also flies in the face of the notion of increased Teutonic labour wage. I think the forum sees where I'm heading.

Granted, from reviews I've read all three represent good glass at the very least w/competitive pricing for features offered. I do not seek to separate any such imaginary chaff from wheat though I would enjoy contemplating the various strengths of the individual bins amongst one another.

As the locals claim, "I've nary a dawg in this hunt." Well, they do not say it in quite that manner.

Anywho, Stevie has reviewed twain of trey and I wondered when the next shoe will drop. Rather than crickets I wish for someone to cue Carly Simon in the catsup commercial.

Posted by Tract on the campfire forum...

The season is approaching, and what better way to start it off than winning a free optic of your choice! At TRACT, we’re all about enjoying what we love most, getting outside and hunting. Sometimes things come up, and finances can get in the way of finishing off that last piece of equipment you need. Well, we’re going to help out with that…

TRACT Optics is doing a “TORIC Optic Giveaway”* From now until Friday, August 11th 2017, you can enter to win a TRACT TORIC Optic of your choice. Whether you need a 2.5-10x42 BDC to finish off your build for the season, or have wanted a 10x42 Binocular to round out your gear, here’s your chance to win one!

We’re giving away one (1) FREE TORIC Optic of your choice! That’s right, any TORIC optic that you want can be chosen by the winner!

Here’s all you need to do:

-Visit the TRACT Optics website by clicking here: TRACT Optics

-Look through the various Toric models of both Binoculars and Riflescopes

-Come back to this thread and post which TORIC Optic model would be what you need to help get you hunting faster!

-One post below per forum member will be counted

And to that lucky winner out there, we would LOVE to see some images of your new optic in the field!

A little bit about TRACT Optics…

Our Founders come from the Optics Industry….they live and breathe Optics. In their former life at a large optics company, they grew tired of being held back and not delivering what the consumer truly wanted…quality optics at affordable prices. They set out not to just form a company, but to change the way sporting optics are purchased. TRACT brings optics to consumers through a “direct “ business model. What does that mean? We cut out the added margin from distribution and big box retailers. We design and make the optic, and sell it directly to you. That means you get the premium quality optics without paying premium prices that come with those layers of margin. We don’t just want to sell you an optic, we want to make sure you love every second of it, so that’s why we have our TRACT Trust Assurance to make sure we are there for you for the long haul.

*Winner will be chosen at random at end of contest and will have the choice in prize of one (1) TORIC Riflescope or one (1) TORIC binocular of their choice. Winner will be notified thru private messaging service (PM) of win and will have one (1) week to respond and confirm win before secondary drawing(s) will be made.

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Use discount code: 24HOUR5 for 5% off your order!

Thanks for the heads up. As soon as me new account is approved I'll be able to slide incognito through the door, so none be the wiser.

If I win I'll write a review. 3:)

Might as well drop SNYPEX Knight D-ED in the bucket as well.

As the currenter owner I've really no need in yet another 8X. That's why I picked the 10x42 in the contest.

In light of GPO coming out w/12.5x50 I think Tract should counter w/2018 13.5x50.

Last edited:
The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 1440 minutes after you have posted. This limit has expired, so you must contact the administrator to make alterations on your message.
-
OK, I merely wished to avoid the dreaded self thread bump, but you're callin' the shots.

ETA: The Toric won OL 2016 best/great buy/value & I've seen several reviews for the new kid on the block GPO. Though, none in a head to head comparison or where the same reviewer wrote up both separately.

I'm not big on conspiracy theories, perhaps that was stevie glassin' on the grassy knoll, but regardless of diopter issue on one bin it's been 3 months and change w/o word of a Tract review.

Inquiring minds want to know:

Alien abduction? Investigating crop circles w/Papilio II? Satanic cult cattle mutilation? Global warming? Mount Saint Helen rumblings? UFO sightings? Marfa lights? Miller lite? Tastes great? Less filling? Where's the beef? What ... ?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back