• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

digital camera binoculars (1 Viewer)

DeeDeeG

Hi. Anyone have any information on camera binoculars. My partner is asking for some as a birthday present. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced pair. Thanks.

The short answer is no!

The long answer is that all the combined camera/binocular systems on sale are basically tat. No one makes a good one.

I would agree w/the above -- there are no good camera/bino combos that are worth buying. You will be much better off buying a camera with a long zoom lens, such as the ones from Panasonic, Canon, and Nikon. You will get more magnification (if desired), and a much better image.

Hi. Anyone have any information on camera binoculars. My partner is asking for some as a birthday present. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced pair. Thanks.

This is usually not desirable unless you consider it disposable, an investment for one or two vacations. They certainly aren’t well-suited for everyday use and you may note some of these instruments cost considerably less than an inexpensive binocular and an inexpensive camera sold separately. Many are out of alignment directly from the factory and are more economically replaced than repaired. :cat:

Just the messenger, Bill

Apologies for bumping this old topic, but I actually stumbled across it a while ago while on the market for a pair of digital camera binoculars and figured that since I'd now used a couple of pairs myself that I could offer some insight for others who are searching about this topic. I ended up grabbing two recommended products that I found on this list.

I bought both the Rexing B1 and the Ansee, as my partner was looking to grab a pair too and I figured it would lower the risk. What I found was that the Ansee was a white label import, that seemed to offer the functionality you could expect from a product from the mid-2000s.

The Rexing on the other hand was quite decent. I've used it on several occasions now, I'll edit this post and share some photos once I'm back at home. It's particularly useful for Nightjars and Owls, as it has quite good low-light performance. The image quality isn't great, and you're still better off with a digital camera and a pair of binoculars - but if you're like me and have limited carrying capacity - it's actually not a bad device. Just don't expect high-resolution sharp images. It really is more just about being able to grab a quick photo for identification at a later point.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back