• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

File sizes (1 Viewer)

Geoff Pain

Rural Member
Most file sizes in the Gallery seem to be under 100kb where as mine are up to 200kb,how can I reduce my file size?I use Adobe Photoshop 5.0 L.E.

Geoff, has photoshop LE got a 'save for web' option? this will allow you to control the compression(quality) of the JPG which will effect the file size .

That's a cracking shot of the Shrike in the gallery!:t:

I use PS 6, which has the 'save for web' option, but I don't know about the LE version.
I also use Paint Shop Pro, which is being given away free this month on many computer magazine discs. It has a jpeg 'optimise' option that is dead easy to use.

resize the image (640x480 maybe 800x600) then when saving (save as another name or to a different folder to the original) you should see a jpeg options dialogue box.... try saving at 5, 6 or 7 and look to see what size the new saved file is. Some images need more jpeg compression than others, obviously 800x600's need more compression.
Andy B

Geoff Pain said:
Most file sizes in the Gallery seem to be under 100kb where as mine are up to 200kb,how can I reduce my file size?I use Adobe Photoshop 5.0 L.E.

Before you resize the image to 640x480 or similar, make sure that the pixels/inch is set at 72.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back