• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need adapter advice- Olympus camera + Vortex scope (1 Viewer)

Jritger

I have an Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Mirrorless Digital Camera and my dad has a Vortex Diamondback 20-60x80 angled spotting scope. Does anyone know how to use these in combination? Hoping to take both along on a family trip to Glacier National Park. Is there a certain adapter needed? I am completely new to this. Thanks!!

We had just ordered an adaptor for our Vortex Razor 27-60/85 scope to use with our GH2 & GH3 cameras with Panasonic 20mm & 25mm lenses.

http://www.digiscopeadapter.com/

Paul does not have an off-the-shelf adapter for the 20-60 Vortex eyepiece but certainly can make you one. I did inquire about the adapter for this eyepiece when we were considering buying the older Vortex Razor 20-60/85. He suggested us to send in the eyepiece for fitting. The new Vortex 27-60 eyepiece is of better quality or quality control so no custom fitting is required.

I would suggest you to contact Paul for advices on your scope/camera/lens combination.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back