• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Marstermind 11 (1 Viewer)

Jane Turner

Same as ever, all on the WP list. The tie breaker is terns since they seem to be causing most problems.

I'll let this one run till this evening.......before commenting...honest

Attachments

• 11.1.JPG
    11.1.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 165
  • 11.2.JPG
    11.2.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 150
  • 11.3.JPG
    11.3.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 11.4.JPG
    11.4.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 11.5.JPG
    11.5.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 145
I try with
Acrocephalus stentoreus
Stercorarius parasiticus
Citrine wagtail
Mourning Dove (this common north american Zenaida something, I guess)

and tie breaker
Sandwich Tern

1. Great Reed Warbler
2.Pallid Swift
3.Yellow Wagtail
4.Mourning Dove
5.Little Terns

I should get a handicap - i only get to glance at the photo`s before my boss (who sits next to me!) tells me to get on and do some bl**dy work!! Hehe

If my boss were to know what I am doing here, he´d shoot me right away...well, o.k. probably only verbally.
But my pc at home made a good attempt to destroy itself-so I can only have looks into birdforums at work since some weeks...

1; Blyth's Reed Warbler
2; Alpine Swift
3; Great Grey Shrike
4; Mourning Dove

I'll wait to see whether a tie-breaker is necessary!

Great Reed Warbler
Common Swift
Yellow Wagtail (too much colour on the rump and mantle for Citrine)
Mourning Dove
Little Tern

1. Olive-tree Warbler
2. Little Swift
3. Yellow Wagtail
4. Mourning Dove
5. Sandwich Tern

Intrigued to find out how everyone continues the Bird Masterminds during weekdays. Unfortunately computers at school are carefully policed by unsympathetic teachers who fail to see the educational value of Birdforum and insist computers are used for "schoolwork"!

Hi Brendan,

That sounds a bit harsh of them! - maybe you should get the teachers to join Birdforum too (or there again, maybe not, as they might hog the computers all day long . . . )

Michael

PS welcome to Birdforum, if no-one else has said so yet!

1. Tail-less Great Reed Warbler, Merseyside. I was 12 and I'd only been birding a few months when this was caught. I'd not heard of the species even. A friend of mine was left with the bird in a bag while we went to make phone calls. He tells a story of not being able contain himself and looking inside the bag... the GRW fixed him with a steely glance, looking up from the bottom of the bag and he hurredly did it up again! Being the one who let it go was too scary to contemplate. It stayed for a week, even sang on occasion, put on a huge amount of weight and started to grow a new tail. It was a huge bird, with a wing of more than 100mm

2. Common Swift

3.Yellow Wagtail; at Filey

4. Mourning Dove, Cuba. Didn't fool anyone

Harry might be the only one to have seen the tern in the WP.. I can't remeber if he had it on his list or not.... HUGE clue

Yeah, suppose it's got to be Elegant Tern. Tho' I'd guess Darrell and some other southwesterners have seen them too (Dawlish) - Jason? Have you?

Michael

PS next quiz - how many spellings of 'mastermind' has this quiz series seen? :king:

Michael Frankis said:
Yeah, suppose it's got to be Elegant Tern. Tho' I'd guess Darrell and some other southwesterners have seen them too (Dawlish) - Jason? Have you?

Er, I think so, but I'm waiting until the BOURC tell me whether I have or not! o:)

Jason

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back