• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax customer service... (1 Viewer)

John M Robinson

When my old Leitz 7x35s died around 1994 I bought a first generation Pentax 8x42 DCF. It wasn't as good as a new Leica, but it was very good for the money. About a year and a half ago I bought a new 8x42 Ultravid, then a couple SEs, my old Pentax was definitely not up to snuff, and I thought they could use a cleaning at least, so I sent them back to Pentax.

Pentax cleaned and columated them no charge under the lifetime warranty I didn't know they had. Then just a month or so, my wife dropped them unto our hardwood floor and knocked a prism loose or something. I sent them back with a note that they are over 15 years old and it was our fault as we dropped them. Anway Pentax completely fixed them again at no charge except for the $19.95 shipping and handling charge.

I'm wondering if they changed out lenses or something as they seem much improved over what I remember. Anyway, cudos to Pentax for great customer service.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back