• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bulgarian Wildlife (1 Viewer)

Melanya

Hi there, I recently moved from UK to Bulgaria and the bigger range of wildlife is amazing. Seeing eagles every day from my garden has rekindled my interest in birds and I want to be able to recognise types but they fly out of camera reach! Does anyone know which ones inhabit in the eastern Rhodope Mountains and how to recognise?

Hi there,

Bulgaria is good for raptors. Eagles, buzzards, harriers, vultures, falcons... you will need a book to identify them. If you have a photo it will be easier for us to help you!

Cheers

Hi there,

Bulgaria is good for raptors. Eagles, buzzards, harriers, vultures, falcons... you will need a book to identify them. If you have a photo it will be easier for us to help you!

Cheers

you are in a very good place

if you want to get to grips with what's about, just keep watching and getting familiar with what's most often about- and treat yourself to the Collins guide

Collins Bird Guide: The Most Complete Guide to the Birds of Britain and Europe [Hardcover]
Lars Svensson (Author), Peter J. Grant (Author), Killian Mullarney (Illustrator), Dan Zetterström (Illustrator), David Christie (Translator)

a good way to get feel for what is common, what is present but scarce is to google some Bulgaria bird trip reports from e.g. Birdtours or Eurobirding

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back