• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex Fury 6.5x32 versus Pentax SP or WP 8x32 (1 Viewer)

Kevin Purcell

I'd be curious to hear if anyone has compared directly (or has used both) the Vortex Fury 6.5x32 and the Pentax SP or WP 8x32.

How comparable or different are the views for sharpness and contrast, ergonomics, built quality and so on.

Kevin,

Not totally what you want, but I much prefer the 6.5 Fury to the 8x32 big brother. Mostly that is image sharpness and contrast. That's one comparison. The other is that I didn't see much difference in the 8x32 Fury and the 8x32 SP. The Fury is bigger than the Pentax, about halfway in size between the 42mm and the typical 32mm glass. Nicer feel for bigger hands and still noticeably more compact than the 42mm's.

The Fury 6.5 has super eye relief. ALong with the 6x Yosemite, it is a good cold weather binocular because your eyes are far enough away from the lens to avoid a lot of external foggeing from body heat.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back