• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Juvenile Crested Serpent Eagle at play? (1 Viewer)

jack2964

I took this sequence of shots from a watch tower at a wetlands park in Malaysia.
I don't know what to make of this but I only noticed the bit of leaf it appeared to drop and play with after I viewed the pics on my PC.
The sequence started with it stalling mid-air and dropping the leaf and then later dove after it as though to attack and recapture the leaf but I don't think it was successful. It then again went into another dive and I remember seeing it upside down in a loop the loop manner. Could it be honing its skills?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 68
Yep, fairly common behaviour in many young birds - raptors, gulls, etc., all do it. I see it mostly with gulls, but that's just because gulls are far commoner than raptors around here.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back