• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norwegian Bryotropha and Agonopterix (1 Viewer)

Leif G

Photographed South Norway, the first week of August.

1 & 2: Bryotropha terrella?
3 & 4: Agonopterix heracliana?
Or could photo 3 show Agonopterix ciliella or Agonopterix capreolella?

Leif

Attachments

• Bryotropha-terrella-1.jpg
    Bryotropha-terrella-1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Bryotropha-terrella-2.jpg
    Bryotropha-terrella-2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Agonopterix-heracliana-eller-ciliella-2.jpg
    Agonopterix-heracliana-eller-ciliella-2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Agonopterix-heracliana.jpg
    Agonopterix-heracliana.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
#1 & 2 looks good to me.
#3 is A. heracliania/ciliella
#4 is a Depressaria, I wonder if it might be D. pulcherrimella, but cant say for sure. A close-up photo of the palps is sometimes helpful to seperate Depressarias, just as a tip.

Svein B

Thanks Svein. At least a couple right! B :)
I'm adding a full size detail image (4) of the head, but from this angle maybe not useful at all. Unfortunately I didn't shoot any profile images.

Leif

Attachments

• IMG_0856.jpg
    IMG_0856.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 36
I am not able to say it is A. pulcherrimella from this close-up either, Leif- sorry. I guess it takes a gen.det job to be 100% sure.

Svein B

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back