• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vancouver Island Sep 2016 (1 Viewer)

Allan Hobbs

Body in the UK, heart in South Africa
Hi all,
I have the opportunity to visit Vancouver Island next September for about a week.

What are the best birding spots to visit?

How long should I spend at each of them given my time constraints?

Any other info that would help me plan the trip?

Thanks
Allan

Hi Allan

Join Yahoo Group BCVIBIRDS.

This is a very active group that almost all VI Birders subscribe to. I found it very useful when I visited VI a few years ago.

There's a good chance that some of the local Birders will offer to meet up with you and show you some goodies.

Phil

I've been to Vancouver Is. a number of times, and it is a wonderful place! I don't know much about the good bird spots, but I can tell you that a visit to Pacific Rim N.P. is a must; the marine life there is incredibly rich.

Unfortunately, I have not been to that side of the island since I seriously got into birding. So, I can't say much about the avifauna - I really only noticed the Stellar's Jays* (couldn't help it really, since they were constantly landing in our campsite, trying to steal food.)

*Oh yes, and the oystercatchers - even to a non-birder, as I was at the time, those stood out.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back