• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Manfrotto tripod head screws (1 Viewer)

motoman

Having just taken delivery of a mint Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 tripod I was very eager to get a head fitted. Damn! No locking grub screws in package and no mention of them on the Manfrotto spares site.

I trawled the photography web sites for answers and found that they are an M6 fitting. The general advice is to buy a length of M6 bolt and cut to size (8mm) then cut a slot. I found a much simpler solution, Google M6 x 8mm grub screw. I found a pack of 20 stainless steel grub screws for under £2.00 inc postage on Ebay. I know links are not permitted but I am sure this is something we all need from time to time and not just a self interest pitch.All I need now is some locktite.

you only need a tiny amount if you PM me your address I will send you enough to do the job rather than buy a tube.
Rob.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back