• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Corrupt CF card..... (1 Viewer)

Scrums

Hi all,

Took some of what are I'm sure are my best shots yesterday. About sixty or so of a Dipper at close range.

Then (Canon 300d) I got the dreaded "error 02" message, which is bad CF card....the comp' wont read the card either.....

Anybody ever heard or know of a way to recover images from a corrupt card?

Scrums

You could try image rescue V2 that may do it, several companies offer software recovery tools do a search on Google. Some with a free trial.

If the computer 'see's' the card (eg. - asks if you want to format it), you may be in luck.

There are one or two free recovery programs that are specifically designed to 'find' and recover images on memory cards (some 'trial' softwares don't allow you to recover anything until you have paid for the full version).

Good luck,

Andy.

EDIT - >File Recovery< (Freeware ~4MB) may help - read the >customer comments!<

Last edited:
nahhh.......

Tried 4 programs now.....two were frozen by the non-performing CF card, the others said they had scanned the card, but there was no data on it......I know they're fibbing, it's there somewhere !

That's it for the card......now if only find the receipt to claim on the 5 year warranty!

Ps: Replaced that 512mb card with 2x 256 cards on the basis that if one goes down - i've still got one. At about half the price of the original one too - in just 9 months !

Scrums

CF problems

Hi there,
Did you perhaps open the card door when the camera was still switched on?
You can also buy a programme (off the net) for about £15 for image recovery that does work sometimes.
Also your local photographic shop/processors may have the prog or know someone who does.
If you have had the card for some time and it's become U/S I don't think it can be used again although you may still be able to recover your images.

Good luck,

madmike

Last edited:
I just had this happen with birding trip photos, to a two month old 512 CF card. I am NOT amused! I do hope there is a way to rescue the data, so I am glad I found this post. Yeah, its a real bummer when it happens, especially when you know you had great shots, and of birds you might never seen again!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back