• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Aspiring moth-er - waiting for new Robinson! (1 Viewer)

jpscloud

Well, I've spent a few years doing wine ropes, white sheet and torch (and wandering around with torch in the dead of night, causing the neighbours to gather and whisper about me in hushed tones) and even tried a home made robinson trap which caught me a lovely cockchafer but not many moths - but now I have taken a deep breath, checked the bank account and...

my brand spanking new robinson trap is on order and will hopefully be here by the end of the week!

I'm embarrassingly excited. Now the neighbours will have even more cause to question my sanity... I'm really not sure what they will make of a Mercury Vapour light but hoping the trees at the bottom of the garden will hide it a bit.

I'm really very much a beginner so I'll be over on the ID thread a lot. Love the monthly moth threads here, I used to use wild about Britain but it seems to be down again now. Noticed one or two familiar names here, so hopefully you guys will be able to help me.

Thanks Paul, I've been looking forward to having a proper moth trap for a few years now, so can't wait. With luck I'll put the trap out at the weekend - I'll struggle to ID all but the most obvious - but what a lovely struggle to have!

It's arrived! Thank you Anglian Leps if you're watching. I might just have to put it out tonight, if the weather stays like this it should be an ideal night.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back