• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hummingbirds in NC (1 Viewer)

D. Taylor

United States
Saw my first Hummers of the year at work today. There was a male at the feeder and soon a female arrived. I watched them several times during the day. One of my employees saw one last week but today was my first siteing, I'm happy, now can't wait until they show up at home.

Donny

Very cool Donny. I'm seeing mine more frequently now but they are ever so shy this year. Don't think they could be returnees cause I sure didn't see this shyness in years before.

Donny, it's a week later, you got any at home yet? I'm still watching the empty feeder feverishly, here in CT.

Saw my first one yesterday at 12:10 pm. Seems to be a returning female, I reconize the posturing and she heads away from the feeder to the same nesting area of last year. They were about 22 days late this year here at home. Posted a shot ......from the feeder..... in the gallery..couldn't resist.
I guess, be patient, although my patience was about to run out.

Good deal, Donny.

Still waiting up here. If this frigid weather would get lost maybe the Hummers would settle in. I think it will be about 80º this Sunday. Fingers are crossed.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back