• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from New Mexico (1 Viewer)

Mindogger

Just joined the board on Petite's recommendation! What incredible photos in the galleries! I'm still gingerly learning to navigate around here, but I hope to be posting some hummingbird pics soon!

Hi Mindogger, welcome to birdforum, we hope you enjoy the site. It takes a little while to get used to it all but it's certainly worth it. There's no shartage of photos in the galleries 20,000+ ... memebrs go in there and don't appear again for ages ;)
regards,
Andy

Hi Mindogger, welcome to BirdForum, hope you enjoy yourself.
bert.

Hi Mindogger,

Welcome to BF - good to have a New Mexico birder join the group. My wife has family in Santa Cruz and Las Cruces (they went west instead of south on retirement). NM is stunning - what a beautiful State - I had a couple of fantastic birding experiences in the mountains outside Santa Cruz - one of the birdiest places I've experienced. Hopefully I'm going to be out there this winter - hunting for sparrows etc down in Las Cruces.

Regards Luke

Hi, neighbor! Welcome to BirdForum!

I think my favorite birding place in NM is Bosque del Apache Natl Wildlife Refuge near Soccoro. I'll never forget my first sight of 30,000 snow geese coming in for their nightly roost, accompanied by about 10,000 sandhill cranes. Absolutely mind-boggling!!!

Looking forward to your hummer photos!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back