• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

broseleywood wolf (1 Viewer)

Hi can anyone help me, I spotted a bird in the garden eating a block of fat I'd put out of the bird table.
It was between a robin and a black bird. Had a black cap, and the rest of the feathers were grey, with the wings possibly black???
Any Ideas please.

Hi broseleywood wolf and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

It sounds like a Blackcap to me too. A lovely bird to get in the winter.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Thanks for the replies, but not a Black Cap I'm afraid, too large.

Been through the books and an app I've down loaded but no joy. It was near enough Thush or Blackbird size.

Hi again broseleywood wolf

Size really is so difficult to estimate in the field, unless you've got something else standing right beside it. Best guess, therefore, is still Blackcap. If the bird comes back again, try and get a picture - even a poor one will give the ID experts here (I'm not one;)) some clues, at least as to which family it might be in.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back