• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Storm-Petrels Quiz™ 2.0 (1 Viewer)

Storm-Petrel

registered dude
Okay guys! The long awaited updated version of my quiz! it will be quite different from the original version, and as a change I would like as many adults to participate as teens this time ;) o:) rules below

RULES. PLEASE READ BEFORE PARTICIPATING​

-I will post one photograph every Saturday. The deadline for entering your guess is midnight on Friday, though I won't care if you post it a little after that because the time changes are hard to keep up with, though Europeans, please keep track of general US time if you are going to participate

- When you have guessed, please PM me the answer, not post it. This reason is because if you posted your guess on the thread for everyone to read, they could benefit from your guess ;)

-A scoreboard will also be posted every saturday. Every photograph will be worth 1 point.

-Some quiz photos could be from the ABA area, others from Germany.

-This is not a "whoever-submits-the-correct-answer-first-wins" quiz, simply whoever submits the correct answer will win that photo. PLEASE: do not discuss it with anyone unless you want them to win (or you could just tell them the wrong answer ;) )

-As an example: Lets say that player A, B, and C got that weeks quiz photo correct. Then X,Y, and Z got it wrong. I would give A, B, and C a point, but X, Y, and Z none. can ya make sense of it at all?

-The answer must have correct spelling. This includes slash-thingies and all those wierd up-comma things. It does not have to be capitalized though.

-In the last version, I gave bonus points out. Yes siree, they're back! guessing the sex and plumage type together or not together will be exchanged with 1/2 a point.

-Have Fun!! :D |=)| If you have any troubles or difficulties, post here or PM me and I will try to fix it or help

I think that covers it all, the first photo will be posted on Saturday. That gives enough time for questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smoke:

Last edited:
Sounds good! I'll be ready for the the first photo!

Oh BTW, is "Storm-Petrels Quiz" really trademarked? If it ain't, you might get in trouble! ;-) ;-)

David, you posted
-In the last version, I gave bonus points out. Yes siree, they're back! guessing the sex and plumage type together or not together will be exchanged with 1/2 a point.
Do I rightly understand the above?
So, if one is correct with the sex, that 1/2 point.
And if one correctly identifies the plumage type that is another 1/2 point.
Then if both are correct and the bird is correctly identified, the points earned would be two (2).

David, you posted
Do I rightly understand the above?
So, if one is correct with the sex, that 1/2 point.
And if one correctly identifies the plumage type that is another 1/2 point.
Then if both are correct and the bird is correctly identified, the points earned would be two (2).

Yep, you got it correct!

Are you going to let people know if the photos are of birds in Germany or if they are photos of birds from the ABA Area?

nope, but I will say this: i have been birding in Texas, Alaska, New Mexico, and basically every where else in the western US except hawaii. and I was in the bavarian mountains in germany

Storm Petrels Quiz™ 2.0: #1

Here it is! You have until Friday night to give the answer. You only have one guess to make, so study the picture hard and spend time on it before PMing an answer.

everyone is welcome to play!

This first one is going to be easy; the bird is in full view. Have Fun and Good Luck!

Attachments

• DSC06643.JPG
    DSC06643.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back