• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fuerteventura (1 Viewer)

carlos58

I was 4 days in Fuerteventura
These are the main species seen and photographed:
Ruddy Shelduck, Egyptian Vulture ssp majorensis, Common Buzzard ssp insularum, Eurasian Kestrel ssp dacotae, Barbary Partridge, Houbara Bustard
Cream-colored Courser, Black-bellied Sandgrouse, Lesser Short-toed Lark
Berthelot's Pipit, Spectacled Warbler, Fuerteventura Chat, African Blue Tit
Southern Grey Shrike, Common Raven ssp tinginatus, Trumpeter Finch
and many other
If you want to see all the species and landscape of Fuerteventura this is my gallery in web : http://www.pbase.com/carlogalliani/fuerteventura

some shots :

Attachments

• DSC_1990.jpg
    DSC_1990.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC_1876bb.jpg
    DSC_1876bb.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC_1899.jpg
    DSC_1899.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC_2246.jpg
    DSC_2246.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 159
I was 4 days in Fuerteventura
These are the main species seen and photographed:
Ruddy Shelduck, Egyptian Vulture ssp majorensis, Common Buzzard ssp insularum, Eurasian Kestrel ssp dacotae, Barbary Partridge, Houbara Bustard
Cream-colored Courser, Black-bellied Sandgrouse, Lesser Short-toed Lark
Berthelot's Pipit, Spectacled Warbler, Fuerteventura Chat, African Blue Tit
Southern Grey Shrike, Common Raven ssp tinginatus, Trumpeter Finch
and many other
If you want to see all the species and landscape of Fuerteventura this is my gallery in web : http://www.pbase.com/carlogalliani/fuerteventura

some shots :

Happy memories of my trip to Fuertaventura in 2001.
I had a wonderful time there and saw lots of great birds.
One of the best European destinations I have been to.

Carlo the photographs are excellent quality indeed. The location and sea shots are especially evocative and the bird shots too. I visted last March and am planning another trip this March and hope I can get as close to the specialities as you obviously did. Have you got any written report aside from your photo essay as I would love to read your notebook, as I am sure many others would!
Tony

I was there a couple of years ago and I'll be back at the end of this month to try to get more photos with a better camera than the one I had last time. It's a brilliant place.

Carlo the photographs are excellent quality indeed. The location and sea shots are especially evocative and the bird shots too. I visted last March and am planning another trip this March and hope I can get as close to the specialities as you obviously did. Have you got any written report aside from your photo essay as I would love to read your notebook, as I am sure many others would!
Tony
I haven't trip report and my english is bad but
for African Blue Tit the best spot is Vega of Rio Palmas near the water where the street stop
for Houbara Bustard, Cream-colored Courser, Black-bellied Sandgrouse, Lesser Short-toed Lark the best spot is Istmo de La Pared near La pared but you must to go by car on white streets. Reference: wind turbines

near Catalina Garcia lagoon is very good for Spectacled Warbler on shrubbery
and Berthelot's Pipit on the ground
Fuerteventura Chat,Southern Grey Shrike, Common Raven and Trumpeter Finch are all over the island
for Fuerteventura Chat and Trumpeter Finch there is a spot near Morro jable
After 3-4 km Morro jable on white street there is a bird oasis. There is a only, factory, near factory is good for the two species. On feet in valley is good for Trumpeter Finch and Berthelot's Pipit

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back