• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in and around Oslo (1 Viewer)

CornishExile

rydhsys rag Kernow lemmyn!
Work is taking me out to Oslo later this week, and I'll have a day free at the weekend to get out birding. Having never been to Norway, I'm not sure what to expect, but any recommendations on where to go birding in and around Oslo would be greatly appreciated.

I won't have a car, so would need any sites to be reasonably close to public transport.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Am heading back out to Oslo again for a week sometime in the next month, so will try again - anyone got any recommendations for where to go birding around the Oslo area, please?

Would particularly like to catch up with some Nutcrackers if at all possible.

Many thanks,

Jon

I was there some years ago and saw quite a lot of Nutcrackers in the forests around Holmenkollen and even some in the outskirts of the city.

André

I don't know anything about Oslo (never been there), but you can check the Norwegian report system for birds and see what's been seen in the area lately.
Unfortunately I don't think it's available in English, but maybe you could use an online translator to get the gist?
http://www.artsobservasjoner.no/fugler/dagens.asp

There's also the local ornithological society, but they don't seem to have any info in English on their website either... maybe you could send an e-mail to them and ask for info?
http://nofoa.no/Sider/Admin/Adresser.php

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back