• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My backyard [pics] (1 Viewer)

truzoom

Just a few shots from my ancient Canon a-1 and Tamron 70-210mm. Sorry for the picture quality but it's the best I could do with the way the photos came out.

Feeding time
feeding.jpg

feeding2.jpg

The mockingbird couple that occasionally visits
mockingbirds.jpg

Too many house sparrows.
backyard.jpg

Funny thing happened yesterday. I had a little bowl/dish of thistle set out on my backyard porch, and I woke up from a nap to see ~20 house sparrows munching down on the thistle seeds.

I hope to get a Olympus C-750Z sometime soon, or a 400mm lens for my A-1.

Truzoom: try hanging "thistle socks". They are nylon stockings with holes in them so the finches can pick out seeds. House Sparrows have a harder time clinging on. This winter some bad squirrels ripped up my socks. But that was after many Goldfinches and a few Redpolls had enjoyed them!

Code:
[IMG]http://www.keinetworks.org/duck/thistle.gif[/IMG]

I actually do have a thistle sock hanging, but I've had no luck attracting goldfinches. I figured I might as well see what else I could get to eat it since I didn't want it to go to waste.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back