• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brown Thrasher (1 Viewer)

You are probably right about a nest being around. The Brown Thrasher juvies are a hoot, so I hope you get to see them when they fledge and hopefully Mr. cat will leave them be.

I love watching them peck into the ground to get worms(?). Very funny birds. They remind me of roadrunners in the way that they can scurry across a lawn really fast.

Can you keep "cat" inside during this fledging season ? I have confined my 3 cats for about a month now - they just seem to sleep more - I open doors and window for their recreation which consists of chipmunks actually chipping at them and birds diving past their noses - good sport and SAFE!!

Cat

My cat(Blackie) is mostly an indoor cat, but he sometimes goes outside to play. We have a fence, so he likes to watch the Mourning Doves in the neighbor's yard. He's too fat to climb over the fence! He only stays out about an hour at a time. :cat:

amasara said:
Can you keep "cat" inside during this fledging season ? I have confined my 3 cats for about a month now - they just seem to sleep more - I open doors and window for their recreation which consists of chipmunks actually chipping at them and birds diving past their noses - good sport and SAFE!!

I saw my first Brown Thrasher in my yard just yesterday! Yes, it was very entertaining to watch it hopping around. Do males and females look alike?

MObirder said:
I saw my first Brown Thrasher in my yard just yesterday! Yes, it was very entertaining to watch it hopping around. Do males and females look alike?
Yes they do MObirder. They are very entertaining aren't they?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back