• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any ideas? - Irvine Coast, Ayrshire, Scotland (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady Seal: "My God, the boy's deformed..." :eek!:

:D

I'm having trouble typing due to excess sniggering... This is a truly wonderful thread - I wonder if we can get to 3 pages? [or should that be page 3? ;) ]

Ahem. Yeah, so, I gotta say, Photoshop's really brought out the gloss on the Anhinga's neck and head there.

Dram, yeah I think you might be - I can only see the square white cheek patch.

Nick, the RSPCA would like a word...
;)

Is it me, or do you see what I see in the re-vamped photo?

2 Australian Black Swans swimming side by side?
The neck of the bird behind is only visible, and it is rubbing its head under the chin of the foreground bird.

(Slightly squint your eyes when you look at it to get the full effect!)

Maybe this link will assist you...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test

PS Sorry Dave! Trying to get the post to 3 pages! ;)

Well, if we can't have a bit of fun once in a while, what's the point?

With the aid of sunlight, I can now see that Maltese Falcon and Mrs. Dave were right all along! Its clearly Nessie - she's in the process of swallowing a Seal [which was probably too busy ogling Lady Seals to watch out for prehistoric beasties] and is yawning to reset her jaws [the white bit is the sea behind her seen through her open mouth!]. You can see the strong brow typical of Hugebeasti lochlurkerii and the amorphous colouring evolved to fool autofocussers!

Mystery solved!
;)

Incidentally, has anyone considered the small wing-tip projection visible on this bird? I would expect longer visible wing-tips if this were a Cormorant.

With the aid of sunlight, I can now see that Maltese Falcon and Mrs. Dave were right all along! Its clearly Nessie - she's in the process of swallowing a Seal [which was probably too busy ogling Lady Seals to watch out for prehistoric beasties] and is yawning to reset her jaws [the white bit is the sea behind her seen through her open mouth!]. You can see the strong brow typical of Hugebeasti lochlurkerii and the amorphous colouring evolved to fool autofocussers!

Mystery solved!
;)

Don't ruin my fantasies, Nessie is a vegetarian (so he doesn't eat any seals!) with a solar-powered wind farm who makes electricity to power Al Gore's documentaries being aired on TV. He lives in a cave, and grows his own vegetables, using fertilizer he has produced himself. He also sells any spare vegetables, and gives all his proceeds to Greenpeace. When he dies, Gaia's tears will flood the planet, and we will all be drowned in the sorrow of the creator.

I took a lot of cannabis before writing this;)

I didn't really;)

I Did;)

Don't ruin my fantasies, Nessie is a vegetarian (so he doesn't eat any seals!) with a solar-powered wind farm who makes electricity to power Al Gore's documentaries being aired on TV. He lives in a cave, and grows his own vegetables, using fertilizer he has produced himself. He also sells any spare vegetables, and gives all his proceeds to Greenpeace. When he dies, Gaia's tears will flood the planet, and we will all be drowned in the sorrow of the creator.

I took a lot of cannabis before writing this;)

I didn't really;)

I Did;)

Do you know what you did, or didn't do? ;) :smoke:

Can you give us an approximation when Nessie might croak?
You see I need time to save up for a super ginormous hankerchief! (o)<

PS Looks like your avatar's about to croak at any moment!

Last edited:
Since you seemed quite worried, I will make this very clear. I did not smoke weed

for one thing, I'm 14

And thankfully, Nessie is going to live for at least another 100 billion years, and by then the sun will have destroyed the planet anyway, and Gaia's tears will evaporate immediately

I nearly cracked a rib laughing! :-O

Nice one! ;)

But at your age shouldn't you be in bed by now?

Just take your stash with you! ;)

PS Just had a look at your blog. Great stuff. Keep it up!

Last edited:
Having seen your blog, I can say exactly the same;)

Funnily enough, I just got the same notebook you have dedicated your blog too. Maybe we should start some form of black&red themed thread?;)

nice sketch of the subalp on your blog by the way

Yes! Page 3 is achieved!

I think those are feathers blown up by the wind, not projecting primaries.

Oh, and we're all already drowning in Gaia's tears - we just haven't realised yet...

We're now on page 3, so this means we can stop whittering on random comments to each other and discuss the id conundrum at hand please ...

I have to admit the revamped pixellated image by Mr Cactus in post #37, despite the noise, does look a lot better for BT Diver. And if he thought he saw a Diver ...

We're now on page 3, so this means we can stop whittering on random comments to each other and discuss the id conundrum at hand please ...

I have to admit the revamped pixellated image by Mr Cactus in post #37, despite the noise, does look a lot better for BT Diver. And if he thought he saw a Diver ...

who made you the boss?
OK, getting serious for once, I can see what you mean, it has B-t Diver shape and that whitish patch by the neck might actually be white on the neck, I had assumed it was the sea. You can kind of make out a slaty-blue area which I think might be the bill

Now, everyone say something serious, and afterwards roll on a ton more crap to make it to page four!B :)

Er, Dan... Not taking the mickey here, genuinely confused; Its still got an entirely bluish-green glossy neck with the only white being a square patch on the cheek [plus the hidden bit on the flank]. How is that better for BTD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back