• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Manfrotto - UK after-sales (1 Viewer)

RobinPaulEdwards

Thought I'd sahre my recent experience of getting my Manfrotto CF tripod repaired after some bumpy travel in India resulted in stripped threads on central column lock.

I have to say that after-sales service through JP Distribution I found to be decidedly lacking. Anyone else had similar problems ?

Also damaged threads on my Leica APO 77 televid and in contrast they were simply superb.

RobinPaulEdwards said:
Thought I'd sahre my recent experience of getting my Manfrotto CF tripod repaired after some bumpy travel in India resulted in stripped threads on central column lock.

I have to say that after-sales service through JP Distribution I found to be decidedly lacking. Anyone else had similar problems ?

Also damaged threads on my Leica APO 77 televid and in contrast they were simply superb.

Hello Robin,

I needed a small part for my manfrotto tripod and i was shocked at what they were charging for postage and packing. As a point of principle I decided to do a DIY repair job. This happened a few years ago and my DIY repair is standing up to the test of time. Gareth

I did a fifteen-minute DIY repair too once In had got the spare parts from JP - more than three weeks and much chasing despite sending a cheque on day one. I will certainly give careful thought to the supplier I choose for my next tripod whenever that may be.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back