• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gold Ring 8 X 32 HD Interpupillary Lock? (1 Viewer)

Anansi

Make Time to Stop and Look Once Again
Greetings;

Does the Golden Ring 8 x 32 HD have a locking device/screw device on interpupillary adjustment, or is the adjustment held by friction?

Thanks in advance.

I KNOW you just asked about 8x32 but the 10x42 does, if this is relevant...

I saw an older GR 8 X 32 (non HD), and checked out the lock.

How well does the lock work? The non HD lock "wiggled" after it was locked. That is there was some play in it?

Any comments on this lock?

Anansi

I feel I can never get the lock to engage in the exact (I mean DEAD ON EXACT) spot I try for (probably minute differences in the internal lcoking surfaces) but it's close (a millimeter or two off at MOST). Once locked, there is about 1-2 mm of play still evident, but it's not easy or loose.

I LIKE the feature, but I rarely use it, if that makes sense...

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back