• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A sample to share (1 Viewer)

Balego

This isnt complete yet, but close enough that I thought I'd show it here. The flooded farmers fields just outside the city is a gathering spot for the first arrivals of geese in early spring.
As the geese outside fill the sky in readiness to leave for warmer climates, I painted this scene in antipation of their return after the long winter ahead.
Acrylic on panel, 19x24"
I've update the photo attachment, and show it with a computer generated frame.

Attachments

• cgFR1.jpg
    cgFR1.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
Wow!

That's a beautifully evocative piece - I can't really see what needs to be done to "finish" it.

But then I'm surely not the artist you are!! ;)

Thankyou all for your nice comments. I am a little disappointed in the photo here, I might try to take a better one, although I dont know if its possible to replace the present photo? This one shows blotchiness of reddish colour in the grass that isnt in the painting.
I still have loads of work to do on the grass, adding twigs sticking up here and there as well, and a little more work on the strips of snow.

One thing I find kind of interesting in the painting in real life... it gives the illusion that the landscape is whizzing past, as if the viewer is an unseen goose, travelling along with them. Weird. I didn't intend for that to happen, dont know if its a good thing or not as it kind of gives a slight feeling of vertigo. ;)

Bev

Thankyou, Christine
No, I wont over do.. I need to place some sprigs in front of the snow to settle the snow into the grass, rather than on top as it is now, and just little finishing touches here and there. I started another painting yesterday to give me a break from all that grass! :)

Balego said:
...I dont know if its possible to replace the present photo?
Yep, it sure is. Just open your first message, go to "manage attachments" and delete/remove the existing attachment, then upload your new one. Photos uploaded with messages here aren't the same as uploading them to the Gallery, so you have complete control over additing/deleting.

Holler if you have any problems. ;)

Thanks Katy. I did do as you mentioned and now have a bit better photo attached. Unfortunately the old photo is the one I have in the gallery. Oh well, I'll know for the future. :)

Thanks so much, Stuart and David, for such nice comments on my painting.
David, I'm sure you paint very well. What medium and subjects do you paint?

I do hope to complete this one before the geese actually do return! I'm such a procrastinator! ;)

Bev

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back