• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

World bird list (1 Viewer)

marcus

This isn't really a computer question, I suppose it's a internet question.
Where is the list official, evolutionary list of the birds in the world?
marcus

Hi marcus,

Even I know the "easy" answer to this question....

There isn't one.

However, I believe I have seen a list in HBW from Lynx Edicions, so you might try the Lynx Website (they certainly have some great stuff there.)

I'll have a look for a link and post it in a mo.

Thanks Birdman. I was really hoping you or a Bird Forum staff member would give me a perfect answer.
I'll go to the Lynx website and see what 'they have'.
Thanks.

Hello again.
I just went to tolweb.org. Is that the how the bird orders and families are set up according to British ornithologists? I need to go back there.

You know, Birdman, I went to Yahoo! and to Google to see if they could find a world bird list, but nothing so far. There was one of all the families and genus, but they didn't have all the species.
Marcus

Here's a list

Well, I did at least find a list of the North American birds.
I was going to try send it to you but it had far too many characters, (96,487)
to be sent. Sorry.
I

Believe me if I could find an on-line downloadable universally acepted list of world birds I'd be really chuffed. Suffice to say no such thing exists. There are various sites with lists but all have some problem.

robinm said:
Believe me if I could find an on-line downloadable universally acepted list of world birds I'd be really chuffed. Suffice to say no such thing exists. There are various sites with lists but all have some problem.

A "universally accepted list of world birds"? Now there's an image to conjure with! ;)

Jason

Sorry, I don't know when that broke. I'm at work now but will fix the link when I get home, so try again in 24 hours. The version I've been working with lately will be a bit more up to date than the one that was on my website.

Cheers

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back