• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advice (1 Viewer)

Screech

Hi everyone, ;)

Looking for recommendation on Pano older cameras for use diiscuping w/ Leica telvid 2ox60 and future add on lenses.

Can lenses from cameras 20-40 yrs. stll be used on new digital models?

looking to find something light, with excellent image capability I see in gallery.

Looking at $300-400 camera to start with.

Thanks one and all! B :)

screech

Older Pano cameras

Hi everyone, ;)

Looking for recommendation on Pano older cameras for use diiscuping w/ Leica telvid 2ox60 and future add on lenses.

Can lenses from cameras 20-40 yrs. stll be used on new digital models?

looking to find something light, with excellent image capability I see in gallery.

Looking at $300-400 camera to start with.

Thanks one and all! B :)

screech

You should look at the FZ35. It has excellent image quality and versatile video modes. It is light and should be in your price range. I'm not sure about your lens, I doubt they will fit any of the FZ series cameras and because they already have long zooms, you my not even need them. If you want more lens power you can always buy a teleconverter.

This forum has a few threads on pana cameras used for digiscoping. And yes, that is a very different usage than the FZ superzooms is intended for.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back