• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

In praise of the TC2 ( nearly ) (1 Viewer)

capdegat

I got this rail a couple of days ago and while its not brilliant I'm reasonably pleased for 2 reasons :
a) definition isn't too bad considering it was taken with 300mm f4 and tc2.e
b) I've never seen a slow rail so getting this at f8 autofocus means nikon have something right .
I would still prefer bare lens but FF and birding don't really get on unless you have super big lenses which are too heavy for me.

Attachments

• _DSC0655a.jpg
    _DSC0655a.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 133
Yeah they do work an a nice image. Don't forget you had great light which meant you're af would work and you had a decent shutter speed, if this had of been today it might have been a different story

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back