• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

which is better? (1 Viewer)

woodhornbirder

Columbia by Kruger Optical Timberline 8x42 Binocular

vs

TS Binoculars Wide Angle 8x42

or should i save up and go for....

Binoculars, Jumelles TS 8x42HQ (open bridge)

(Telescope Service)

IS the TS gear just a rebadged clone from china? As some of their scopes are rebadged synta scopes.

Columbia by Kruger Optical Timberline 8x42 Binocular

vs

TS Binoculars Wide Angle 8x42

or should i save up and go for....

Binoculars, Jumelles TS 8x42HQ (open bridge)

(Telescope Service)

IS the TS gear just a rebadged clone from china? As some of their scopes are rebadged synta scopes.

What exactly is a re-badged clone from China? What pair of binoculars is it an exact copy of (clone)? And why would you use such inflamatory words about optical instruments from China? That is where production is moving.

I would suggest that you try each of those binoculars in the shop.

I can't tell you about the TS but I have the Columbia (rebadged by Krueger-you could say:t:) 8 x 42 Timberline. I got it at a close out price from CameralandNY. It is a very good binocular. They list it for $79.95 now, if they still have them and they certainly are a bargain at that price. I think they sold for $200.00 when new. FOV is about 390' @1000 yards. 18mm ER and metal construction. Good binocular for the money.
Bob

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back