• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID Of Bird or Prey in Cornwall (1 Viewer)

Looks pretty good - would perhaps prefer a more notched tail. Is it common knowledge that there's one on the area anyone? Not heard of one though I'm pager-less.

I know the pics ant to good this bird was very dark and was over the river and was mobbed by gulls and flew away.i did see one last week not far from were this one was allso in the same are there is an Osprey was theer looking for it.

Attachments

• IMG_6680_1.jpg
    IMG_6680_1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_6683_1.jpg
    IMG_6683_1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 164
I think that the bird looks like a perfect Black Kite:
-only a shallow notch in the tail
-6 fingers
-relatively dark primaries
-broad wings

Kite ID

This is the best i can let you have thanks for all the help
Chris Buckland.

Attachments

• IMG_6672_1.jpg
    IMG_6672_1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 139
yes, it does look pretty good for Black Kite to me! I would also like a bit more plumage detail, but the image does resemble Black Kite a lot.

No doubt about it Chris, you've got some nice Black Kite shots there, well done (I'm not jealous)!!

Cheers

John

PS. Don't forget to send them into Cornwall-birding.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back