• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some French Mysteries (1 Viewer)

Pic1 - Left bird - Gadwall (massive rear white wing patch...)
Mid bird - Shoveller (clever hiding of bill, but grey forewing showing...)
Right bird - eclipse drake Mallard (yellowish bill.)

Pic 2 - Gloriole (Golden Oriole - female or 2cyr.)

No Dunlin Sandpipers then? ;)

Hmmn...maybe middle bird is a Mallard? Changing ducks in mid-stream...;)

Left bird eclipse male Garganey with the white being large white front and rear edge to speculum, other 2 Mallards (fem and eclipse male), and second bird 2cy male Golden Oriole...?

haha, not the answers, but some better photos (well not better, just a better position for the duck). So you're both right for oriole, though it's a female, unless it's a gay bird with a sugar daddy. Jan-Paul, you're right for the ducks, mallards and garganey. I had hoped someone would suggest green woodpecker for the oriole, but no fooling anyone. :)

Attachments

• loriots.JPG
    loriots.JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 46
  • smallDSCF1156.jpg
    smallDSCF1156.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 40
What a fantastic puddle that is!!

Wish I had one by me like that.

My wader habitat is certain to have been flooded out by the torrential rain of the last couple of weeks. I'm going to have a look hopefully one evening this week but almost dare not look to see the crushing disappointment of no mud.

just some wet grass seems to be enough for a few snipe, green and wood sands and maybe a temminck's or two. Very little in the way of mud in this field (though there is some!)

been a long time - here's a photo, but maybe not blurred enough to be challenging - I won't tell you how many species are in it just to make it more interesting.

Attachments

• quizDSCF3696.JPG
    quizDSCF3696.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 44
i can see it (above all the other birds which i agree with). i think it's a female yellow wag again - but may be this time it's the true on?

Water Pipit, Little Ringed Plover, Blue Headed Wagtail, Wood Sandpiper, Green Sandpiper & White Wagtail. A very nice little collection of birds Nick.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back