• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spanish bird quiz (3) (1 Viewer)

Halcon

barcelona birder
So, I'll start the next edition.
There are still some points to clear:

a) Points-Do you like the punctuation? Have you got any propositions.
b) Dates-Should we fixate dates?
Examples: 1.Twice a week (sunday/saturday andwednesday/thursday)
2.I tell you 24h before I post the pic

Once we've cleared this we can start. Enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!B :):eat:

Hi Nico,

I think the points system is fine the way it is.

My vote would be giving people 24 hours notice but either of your options would be fair to give eveyone a chance.

Cheers,

Re: Ways how to improve the quiz

Ola Nico,

a) I have no problem with the way the points are awarded. Agreed with Parker, the point system is fine.

b) I agree that dates should be fixed since you are trying to organise a consistent quiz with strict awarding of points.

Twice a week would be fine...lets say Saturday and Wednesday but I would go a step further and try to post the rounds at more the less the same time of the day too ( preferable late evening when most fof us are online. ) O rlese just don't award that extra point for whom posts first because its a matter of luck wheater you are online or not when you post it. If you have a fixed date system there wouldn't be any need of a 24 hour notice since participants would already know when you are going to post.

Anyhow the quiz is already great and the most important thing is that we have fun!:t:

Ola Nico,

a) I have no problem with the way the points are awarded. Agreed with Parker, the point system is fine.

b) I agree that dates should be fixed since you are trying to organise a consistent quiz with strict awarding of points.

Twice a week would be fine...lets say Saturday and Wednesday but I would go a step further and try to post the rounds at more the less the same time of the day too ( preferable late evening when most fof us are online. ) O rlese just don't award that extra point for whom posts first because its a matter of luck wheater you are online or not when you post it. If you have a fixed date system there wouldn't be any need of a 24 hour notice since participants would already know when you are going to post.

Anyhow the quiz is already great and the most important thing is that we have fun!:t:

I agree with this!!! Just to say the quizzes work really well, but i like the proposed ideas :t::t::t:

Ok no bonus points for the first with all well and Sunday and wednesday pictures. If I can't post I'll tell you.

EDIT: For the points system look at the next post

Last edited:
Which point system do you prefer:

No bonus points for the first with all good

Bonus points for the first with all well

I know I was late entering the quiz it took me awhile to find it! I personnally think if the quiz has a scheduled time then bonus points are exceptable.

Round 1:

Point system will be discutted in the next days.

-2sp.
-1PXsp.
-1Extra P for 1st with all good?

Attachments

• Quiz301.JPG
    Quiz301.JPG
    223.8 KB · Views: 198
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back