• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Finding my way around (1 Viewer)

Metermaid

Hello, new here, just finding my way around what looks like a great site. Could anyone help me with finding where I can view Sandbach Flashes in Cheshire please - Ta ! ;)

Hello, Metermaid!

On behalf of the Admin and Moderator staff at BirdForum, a warm welcome to you!

I'm afraid I can't answer your question, but I'm sure someone will be along soon who can.

BTW, if I may ask, what's a "flash"? I looked up Sandbach Flashes, but aside from saying that all flashes are now privately owned, it didn't say what they were.

Hi Metermaid, and welcome to the forum.

Katy - here is a dictionary definition of flash:

Yorkshire and Lancashire dialect.a pond, esp. one produced as a consequence of subsidence.

Metermaid said:
Many thanks for the useful replies - what a nice friendly place ! Rita

I wondered if you might be a Beatles fan!

(For the benefit of our non-UK members "Lovely Rita, meter maid" is one of the many songs by the Beatles ).

Hello Rita! for the benefit of our American readers a "flash" is usually an expanse of water caused through mining subsidence.

Elizabeth Bigg said:
I wondered if you might be a Beatles fan!

(For the benefit of our non-UK members "Lovely Rita, meter maid" is one of the many songs by the Beatles ).

Well spotted Elizabeth ! ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back