• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RSPB Reserves (1 Viewer)

IAN JAMES THOMPSON

I've read that there are now 200 RSPB Reserves. But looking at the list of RSPB Reserves on their website, I'm sure they hav'nt got them all mentioned on their Reserve list, although I hav'nt counted the number their. Does anyone have a link to all their Reserves on the Internet.
Ian.

Could depend on how they define "reserve". I believe the RSPB own/lease/have management agreements on some sites here in Ayrshire which are unlikely to be listed as reserves. For example, they recently bought a field close to where I live but it remains just that - a field. Its part of a wider strategy to be a landowner in an area which is subject to wide ranging development proposals and adjacent to a large SSSI.

Its not without wildlife interest as in some winters it has been part of a wider area that has held up to 9 Short-eared Owls hunting over it.

cheers
Gordon

Could depend on how they define "reserve". I believe the RSPB own/lease/have management agreements on some sites here in Ayrshire which are unlikely to be listed as reserves. For example, they recently bought a field close to where I live but it remains just that - a field. Its part of a wider strategy to be a landowner in an area which is subject to wide ranging development proposals and adjacent to a large SSSI.

Its not without wildlife interest as in some winters it has been part of a wider area that has held up to 9 Short-eared Owls hunting over it.

cheers
Gordon
I know of at least one RSPB Reserve an Ireland of the Scotish mainland called Priest Ireland which does allow visiting but is not mentioned on the RSPB's Reserve website.
Ian.

Mmm... yes, I think, too, they've only listed those that have access for visitors.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back