• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Shotgun mics (1 Viewer)

Hi all, newbie calling. I'd just like to ask if anyone knows which shotgun mic would be best for bird sound recording? I'd be using it primarily for playback so portability and rugedness are factors.

Thanks

Hi, welcome aboard Birdforum, and I tried a shotgun mike (a small one) and did not like it at all-- didn't record much of anything recognizable, just general sounds. If I get anything again, it will be one of those smaller parabolic discs. But I'm no expert...

Lord, I looked up your Latin name to find out what you are, and that's what you are, a Hypocolius, from Iraq, something between a Waxwing and a Palmchat. Now I'll have to google to find out what you look like....

Looking forward to more of your postings, though.

I'm sorry. I cannot answer your question, but I would like to welcome you to Bird Forum on behalf of the Mods and Admin here. I am sure it will not be long before you are offered some suggestions.

Charles Harper said:
Lord, I looked up your Latin name to find out what you are, and that's what you are, a Hypocolius, from Iraq, something between a Waxwing and a Palmchat. Now I'll have to google to find out what you look like....

Breeds in Iran, winters south to various countries on the Arabian Peninsular.

I've got a photo here somewhere...

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back