• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (58 Viewers)

Blacktoft beardies have been showing brilliantly this last couple of weeks, 8am to about 10.30 at the moment, Ousefleet or Marshland hides, maybe others too. They estimate 400 in the reed beds in total.

No luck with the Rough Legged Buzzard at Bransdale yesterday but still an enjoyable ride out,we had forgotten how beautiful the dale was and we were well entertained at lunchtime by the Red Grouse around the car.Quite surprised by the number of small flocks of Golden Plover still on the moors as well as Mipits still around.

No luck with the Rough Legged Buzzard at Bransdale yesterday but still an enjoyable ride out,we had forgotten how beautiful the dale was and we were well entertained at lunchtime by the Red Grouse around the car.Quite surprised by the number of small flocks of Golden Plover still on the moors as well as Mipits still around.

There's 4 Rough Legged Buzzards at Sleddale, NY Moors, around a mile from Kildale, been there the past week or so, along with a Ringtail, however this was last sighted a few mile down the road from Sleddale, RL supposed to be very confiding and had a terrific aerial battle with a couple of common Buzzards (Not seen by myself) and a few other BoP, including Peregrine and Kestrel amongst other birds, earlier this year a WTSE graced its skies, personally think its one of the best places in the Northernmost part of the moors for raptor watching.

Damian

Should of said it had a aerial battle with a Common Buzzard and other birds seen were Peregrine and Kestrel amongst other birds. I'm slowly getting there, lol.

Damian.

There's 4 Rough Legged Buzzards at Sleddale, NY Moors, around a mile from Kildale, been there the past week or so, along with a Ringtail, however this was last sighted a few mile down the road from Sleddale, RL supposed to be very confiding and had a terrific aerial battle with a couple of common Buzzards (Not seen by myself) and a few other BoP, including Peregrine and Kestrel amongst other birds, earlier this year a WTSE graced its skies, personally think its one of the best places in the Northernmost part of the moors for raptor watching.

Damian
Sleddale was our other option,hoping to try there in the coming week. Do you stop by the " chevrons" or go up the narrow road to Percy Cross Rigg ?

Sleddale was our other option,hoping to try there in the coming week. Do you stop by the " chevrons" or go up the narrow road to Percy Cross Rigg ?

Both Percy Cross and the "Chevrons" are both excellent viewing points, ive had Merlin several times at the chevrons, however up on the rigg you are higher up and have excellent views across Guisborough Moor and Kildale and the surrounding area but again both are worth a visit. I normally put a few hrs in at each location, especially in the spring/summer months. Hope that helps.

Damian

Thanks Damian,hope to get over next week if grandparent duties allow.We love parking up on the chevrons even when it is quiet,something about the ambiance of the place but never tried the rigg as we thought it was a private road until I read up on the Teesmouth web pages.

Thanks Damian,hope to get over next week if grandparent duties allow.We love parking up on the chevrons even when it is quiet,something about the ambiance of the place but never tried the rigg as we thought it was a private road until I read up on the Teesmouth web pages.

Percy Cross rigg has been something of a hotspot lately with some fantastic BoP around, always the chance of Gos has its well reported that they breed nearby, has i said before i believe its one of the best spots in the northernmost part of the NY Moors and im in your boat still haven't been yet due to grandparents dutys, my granddaughter lives with us as well, so i may even see you up there next week depending on what days we choose to go. Hope you have a good day and let us all know your sightings for the day.

Damian.

Ldv

12 whoopers, 30-40 Golden Plover 100+ lapwing, Teal, Wigeon, Pintail, Shovelor and lots more.

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 29
  • ge1a.jpg
    ge1a.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 42
  • bf1a.jpg
    bf1a.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Spotted this bird at a distance on a foggy morning on Saturday near Melbourne, I think it is a wagtail

Attachments

• 300.jpg
    300.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 72
  • 299.jpg
    299.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 302.jpg
    302.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back