• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Microsoft Security Essentials (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
I have this set to run a scan on Monday mornings at 10am, but it never has done.

The icon appeared in brown on the task bar yesterday and when I clicked on it, it says I haven't run a scan for some time.

The information box says I last did a scan on the 29th June (which I had to do manually)

Anybody know why it's not running the scan on schedule?

Do you have the "On but not in use" box ticked? It can sometimes get confused as to if the machine is in use.

Ah! Yes it is ticked Mono.

Does that mean I should untick it then? As the laptop is switched off overnight it's always 'in use' when I switch on in the morning.

Yes untick it. If you notice a slow down in performance when the scan is running then you can use the drop down below to limit how much CPU it can use when scanning, but try it with the default 50% first.

Just an update... it's scanning fine now, thanks Mono and I (didn't notice any slow down (yet anyway LOL).

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back