• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panasonic Image App gets time wrong on transferred videos (1 Viewer)

pshute

Australia
I've been using Panasonic's "Image App" to transfer photos and videos from my TZ80 to my iPhone. It seems to get the dates and times right on the photos, but it's getting video times wrong, and I suspect it's something to do with time zones.

Eg. I shot a video around 5:47pm on 12/9/17, but the transferred video says 3:47am on 13/9/17. Ie 10 hours later. I live in time zone +10.

Has anyone else seen this?

I do not use that software (I use ACDSee for both transfer and editing). But time zone is the only thing I can think of as well. Check what time zone your camera is set at in the menu, and double check the setting on your computer.

Niels

I do not use that software (I use ACDSee for both transfer and editing). But time zone is the only thing I can think of as well. Check what time zone your camera is set at in the menu, and double check the setting on your computer.

Niels
I've definitely got the camera set to +10. I transferred directly to the phone via wifi using the app - no computers involved.

Note that photos transferred the same way didn't have the problem.

I'll have to try copying to computer by USB to compare.

I'll also try setting to a different time zone and taking a test photo and video, and then I can see if the error is still equal to the time difference.

I use it but only on a cheap Android tablet which doesn't support my FZ1000 video. However, I can view the vid on the tablet just can't transfer it.....go figure..??

Anyway, like you, the photo transfer reflects the correct time and date (US Central -5).

Might be worth checking on the app version........here's the latest.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back