• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Baby Myna Bird (1 Viewer)

Amiee Dalzell

Hi everyone. I hope this is the right place to post this.

We need some help with a baby Myna Bird we found a few days ago. He is around 4 weeks old I reckon and we've been feeding him every 2 hours and he has made massive progress from when we found him. We got told to feed him a mixture of mince meat, egg yolk and honey. However I've been reading that they can get too much iron and it can be deadly. Meat has a lot of iron in it. Does anyone have any recommendations on diet and what to feed him now or is his current diet ok until he gets changed to fruit etc?
He also has a hurt leg. He walks on his knee and holds his leg up against his body. His knee is swollen compared to the other one so we're going to take him to the vet soon and find out what's wrong. So as of now he can't get around too well.
Once again sorry if this is not the right place to post this. I'm just after urgent help as I don't won't him to develope any iron disease so any recommendations would be appreciated.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back