• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

panasonic lx7 (1 Viewer)

I am wanting to replace my sony w200,and I am considering the panasonic lx7. Has anybody tried this out for digiscoping yet.I used a kowa 833 scope with a 30w eyepies.Does anyone know if it will works.???
Thanks.

I am wanting to replace my sony w200,and I am considering the panasonic lx7. Has anybody tried this out for digiscoping yet.I used a kowa 833 scope with a 30w eyepies.Does anyone know if it will works.???
Thanks.

Your questions should be answered in the LX5/LX3 threads as the lens looks similar.
Neil.

pany LX7

Thanks.

Is there no one who used a panasonic lx7 for digiscoping,and can tell me or I with a 30w eyepiece of kowa still have vignetering.

Thank you.

Hello, I have only tested the LX7 with a binocular in a photoshop and vignetting has occured.
If you are looking for a good panasonic LX, you can buy the LX3 on ebay.
This camera works fine without vignetting on my Zeiss 85 Scope with a 30x ocular.
If you are looking for a newer cam I think a Nikon V1 can be suitable.
I have bought a V1 with the 10-30 kit Zoom (ca. 329 €).
The main advantage for me is that you can take pictures with an IR remote.
On the LX3 you must select a 2 sec. timer (and you must set the timer new for every foto).

Hello, I have only tested the LX7 with a binocular in a photoshop and vignetting has occured.
If you are looking for a good panasonic LX, you can buy the LX3 on ebay.
This camera works fine without vignetting on my Zeiss 85 Scope with a 30x ocular.
If you are looking for a newer cam I think a Nikon V1 can be suitable.
I have bought a V1 with the 10-30 kit Zoom (ca. 329 €).
The main advantage for me is that you can take pictures with an IR remote.
On the LX3 you must select a 2 sec. timer (and you must set the timer new for every foto).

Hi,
Thanks for this informtion,now ik know definitely that i can depreciate the pany lx7.

The ability to use the filter adapter tube is very important with the Lx3. Use the latest software up grade to prevent lens extension faults. Gene

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back