• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First Scope - Celestron Regal F-ED 100 Help! (1 Viewer)

DoghouseRiley

Hi Guys. Wonder if someone can help me. I fancied trying digiscoping and manged to get hold of a Sony DSC-W200 and the beast of a scope above at a bargain price and if can get the hang of it, upgrade later.
Now I would like to connect the scope to the camera. I want to try it with the supplied zoom eyepiece before embarking on replacing it with the Baader etc etc.
The camera has it's own adapter (VAD-WD) which leaves a 37mm female thread but no apparent way to fix this to the zoom eyepiece.
Wondered what you guys have done with your old Celestron Regals?

Come on guys, I know the scope is a bit old but I know some of you US guys are still running round with it and if you can carry the weight I think it is still a good scope :)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back