• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New GITZO GIMBAL Head GHFG1 (1 Viewer)

Apochromat

ZEISS VICTORY SF 8x42 SWAROVSKI EL 8.5x42 WB NL Pu
Hello,
I now use a Gitzo GT 2543L tripod. I recently replaced my lightweight but more abrupt stopping GITZO fluid head 2180 against the new GITZO GIMBAL Head GHFG1. So smooth. Highly recommended.

Like cutting through butter, not too light and very accurate movements, easy to adjust and very well made. Perfect for the KOWA 883 with and without an attached camera body. It is heavier yes that is also true, but the movements are just perfect.

Regards

Michael

It resembles the new Swarovski pth professional head!
I have the gitzo 2180 head as well in use with a ATX 65 and works fine
A gimbal head is much bulkier and heavy though bit gives more stability

Hello,
I now use a Gitzo GT 2543L tripod. I recently replaced my lightweight but more abrupt stopping GITZO fluid head 2180 against the new GITZO GIMBAL Head GHFG1. So smooth. Highly recommended.

Like cutting through butter, not too light and very accurate movements, easy to adjust and very well made. Perfect for the KOWA 883 with and without an attached camera body. It is heavier yes that is also true, but the movements are just perfect.

Regards

Michael

Posted in your other thread about this head - it looks VERY promising!

Gitzo

Posted in your other thread about this head - it looks VERY promising!

I realized after posting the new head in the spotting scope area that there is also a tripod department. Sorry for that.
Nevertheless, I looked at both heads and the Swarovski PTH head looks very similar to the Gitzo version. I liked the Gitzo cosmetics better and the Swarovski Balance plate does not fit to the KOWA Prominar 880 body (0.5 mm difference!).

Thanks
Michael

I realized after posting the new head in the spotting scope area that there is also a tripod department. Sorry for that.
Nevertheless, I looked at both heads and the Swarovski PTH head looks very similar to the Gitzo version. I liked the Gitzo cosmetics better and the Swarovski Balance plate does not fit to the KOWA Prominar 880 body (0.5 mm difference!).

Thanks
Michael

They would do that wouldn't they!;)

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back